Docking-Major Repair Course
Preparation, Executing & Follow Up/Closing a Docking/Yard Stay
When a vessel is out of service, this being a docking/yard stay and/or a major repair, the cost and off-hire time involved can be major, and the revenue/hire losses will be serious.
This 2 days course offers delegates detailed understanding of how dockings and major repairs are planned, organized and performed to achieve optimal connection between actual quality of works and limited resources such as time and costs (money).
Explain and increase the focus of the different processes involved in a professional, cost and time wise effective handling of a yard stay/major repair works.
Junior technical personal/superintendents/vessel managers involved in major repairs and docking/yard stay of vessels and other floating constructions world wide.
The participants will obtain particular knowledge and enhance their understanding of the entire working process, planning and executing of major projects making same a success with the minimum use of critical resources (money + time).
Key Issues Covered
Be Able to
- Prepare detailed technical specifications
- Prepare & agree on BIMCO Repaircon contract format
- Conduct contract negotiations
- Successfully plan, organize & execute/handling of dockings/major repairs
- Lectures and classroom presentations
- Case studies discussed in groups
- Practical exercises in smaller groups
KARIN Tankers A/S
Solbakkevej 2B DK-3050 Humlebaek